What Makes A Golf Cart Street Legal?
In all states, a Street Legal Golf Cart must be operated by a licensed driver. Below we’ve listed the federal requirements that each street legal and and low speed vehicle must have:
- Working lights: Head, brake, and tail lights with turn signals
- DOT approved tires, windshield wiper and seat belts
- Minimum top speed between 20 and 25 mph
- A 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Interior and exterior mounted mirrors
- Reflex reflectors on all corners of cart
- A lighted license plate bracket
Our street legal carts meet all the legal requirements for the state of North Carolina and guidelines for the National Highway Safety Administration (NHTSA). We’ll also provide everything you need to make registering your street legal golf cart easy and efficient.
Why Use A Street Legal Cart?
Street legal golf carts offer a fun and practical way to get around town. These vehicles can be driven on roads with a speed of 35 mph or less in most states. You’ve probably even seen golf carts cruising around college campuses, beach towns and military bases. We also offer many customization options to personalize your street legal cart, no matter your style.
Call Cary Cart Company!
We’re your local and national experts for street legal carts. Created right here in the USA, each vehicle comes with the proper paperwork and required 17-digit VIN number. We want you to enjoy and feel safe in your cart, so contact us with any questions or concerns.