Golf Carts in NC for Spring and Summer Getaway
Folks in North Carolina were hit very hard by Hurricane Florence in September of 2018 but most of the beaches and resorts should be ready for the 2019 spring and summer season. Collegiate spring breakers will likely head to Myrtle Beach which is about 50 miles down the coast in South Carolina. Other vacationers and summer residents will seek more serene and less crowded places like Ocean Isle Beach.
Some of the visitors may not have access to an automobile and are looking for an inexpensive way to get around for a few hours, days or even the entire summer. Rental cars are always an option for those who will be using the freeway but if your plans are to stay in the local area and avoid the stress of freeway driving consider renting a street legal golf cart from Cary Cart Company. Based in Raleigh, NC., they have two rental locations in Ocean Isle and nearby Bald Head Island.
Street legal golf carts are classified as Low Speed Vehicles (LSV) with a top speed of about 25 miles per hour. They are ideal for maneuvering around town knowing there will be no need to buy gas at $3 a gallon. The cost to charge the cart batteries is around 25 cents and this will allow you to travel 30-50 miles between charges depending on the type of cart and its batteries. The weekly rental price is comparable to a car rental.
Cary Cart Company began a few years ago as a father and son project converting a plain golf cart into an impressive vehicle adorned with bright colors, a sound system and all the features required to make it street legal. At first, the carts drew attention with their décor that bordered on the outrageous. Then, people noticed their benefits over gas powered cars and the hobby grew into a thriving business.
Tips for Renting
If you are planning to vacation in North Carolina and rent golf carts in NC from Cary Cart Company here are a few tips that you may find useful:
- Book it early – If you wait until the last minute to reserve a cart you might find yourself in an expensive rental car or be relegated to walking or riding a bicycle.
- If you are headed to Bald Head Island the carts are available on an hourly, daily or weekly basis. If your destination is Ocean Isle the rentals are only rented by the week on a Saturday to Saturday schedule.
- The carts should be good to go the whole day with an overnight charge, but you should take advantage of any opportunity to plug it in to ensure that you have the “juice” for a spontaneous drive and to make sure you can return to your vacation home.
- Keep your cell phone charged because if you have any issues with the cart a quick call to Cary Cart Company will resolve it as soon as possible.
- Remember that to drive on the street, you must be 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
Are you ready to book your street legal golf carts in NC from Cary Cart? Just call 910-239-0869 or use the online booking service to check the availability of a 4 or 6 passenger street legal golf cart.Golf Carts Nc
View Larger Map